Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Poem

why did you leave me?
when i called your name
you weren't there
why did you say you loved me
if love was all you could spare?

why did you hurt me
by not loving me forever?
you once said i was your life
so now that i'm gone
are you already dead?

i once thought i knew you
i once smelled your hair
and tasted all those drops of dew
that fell between your eyes

tell me now how far you've gone
and what you've done after "us"
do your eyes still shine for me
or have they, too, far gone?

i wondered what you'd do
if you saw me one day again
I saw you days ago
you whom I once held dear
and realized it was all but a dream...

Just random thoughts that turned into a poem.

6 comments:

Nora said...

Odd.. it sounds a lot like the thoughts that were going through my head this week..

So, what is your story? What reminded you of this first love?
Heheheheheh, I am very nosey!! ;o)

bb_aisha said...

Thanks for askin nora.i was curious too but thght,as a newcomer to italianos blog,it wud b too inquisitive.but heck,im a journalist,and intend doin research in science,so its my nature to ask too many q's. :-p

Italiano said...

My story, Nora is everyone's story; the first love that was never meant to be.

I saw her weeks ago which is why I wrote that poem. She's sad and believe it or not, that made me sad. I mean may be I didn't want her to be the happiest without me, but at least very happy. And clearly she is not. We talked. I could have never ignored her. And I sensed she wanted us back together (after all these years) and it was very strange for me. I said no. I had dreamed of such a moment and replayed it again in my mind. I wished for her standing before me asking me to take her back...

I didn't enjoy it at all. I hated that look in her eyes and the tears I saw later. She knows she has deeply hurt me and a thousand years will never erase that.

It would never be the same. She has changed and I'm sure she still doesn't know what love is.

Italiano said...

Bibi: Ask anything. My answer is my previous comment.

Nora said...

ouch.
I'm sorry....

the lonely twin said...

the first love that was never meant to be... damn it ... years passed and she still wants you back :( ... I can relate to her, girls are stupid they leave the guy, hurt him and then cry about him wanting him back... it happened to me :) and i never got him back